Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Im looking for a java compiler. Id like one that kind of met the following requirements, so if you know of one that matches some of these requirements can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Java compiler

Hi,

Im looking for a java compiler.

Id like one that kind of met the following requirements, so if you know of one that matches some of these requirements can you please say what its called. Thanks

1. Must have a GUI interface.
    2. I want it so i can click on a class i have wrote and see the source for that class only (not the entire project code all in one).

The next one isnt essential but it would be nice

3. Say if i write "import java.net." id like it to show a list of all the possible classes/methods that can be used after the fullstop.

Basically im looking for something like JDevelepor or JCreator for windows. Thanks

Linux Engineer
    There's actually 2 Java "Studio" that I really like Eclipse and NetBeans

Both are really fast and reliable.
    I've played with both of them and they both offer +/-. I personnaly like Eclipse better as it's plugin database suites my needs more then NetBeans..

Good Day
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

I too would recommend Eclipse. I use it at work for Java development.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants