Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: a suggestion

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

a suggestion

since this is not a dedicated section to particular programming language (or scripting language), the topic of the post should start with the type of language you're looking for help, e.g.:

[php] can't insert line into mysql
    or
    [bash+perl] how do i search the number of strings occured in a text file

i'm trying to help (and learn as well) but it simply takes time to actually interpret in what programming/scripting language the question is trying to ask.

cheers

Re: a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by adam7979
    since this is not a dedicated section to particular programming language (or scripting language), the topic of the post should start with the type of language you're looking for help, e.g.:

[php] can't insert line into mysql
    or
    [bash+perl] how do i search the number of strings occured in a text file

i'm trying to help (and learn as well) but it simply takes time to actually interpret in what programming/scripting language the question is trying to ask.

cheers
    This is a good idea, and i agree, but it's down to the original poster to post the language in the topic. Maybe a mod can edit, but it will need to edit code that's generic, and not really specific to one forum.

I will try and start doing this myself tho, as i know how annoying it is to see a topic for something u know how to do in one language, but they wanna know in a diff language.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327