Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by kyku Originally Posted by ibowtotux How much do ya wanna bet that jackazz is on Microsoft's payroll....because I have never seen someone kiss so much ass before. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by kyku
    Quote Originally Posted by ibowtotux
    How much do ya wanna bet that jackazz is on Microsoft's payroll....because I have never seen someone kiss so much ass before.
    OK, but I also think the article illustrates well how this corporation works... they tend to work hard only when their position is in danger... if they regain monopoly they start to neglect users and provide bad service. Example? After conquering Netscape long time ago, they almost abandoned releasing new versions of IE, no matter how buggy it was/is. Now that Firefox jeopardizes their dominance, the guys at M$ are making a hype about a new version sporting ad blocking, tabbed browsing and blah blah blah..
    Naturally. That supports what you said previously and is well known...Microsoft aims for market dominance. Look at slashdot today? A very interesting article was posted on Google and Microsoft and M$' supposed "super search engine" dubbed 'underdog', which is only coming after google climbed to height they are at now. It's a shame but the largest software company in the world puts business before product.

BTW, I just noticed that quote below your name...you a Megadeth fan?

Linux User
    Perhaps not a big fan, but I like many of their songs...
    "I don't know what I'm running from
    And I don't know where I'm running to
    There's something deep and strange inside of me I see"

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kyku
    Perhaps not a big fan, but I like many of their songs...
    I am more interested in the likes of Savatage, Helloween, and of course Iron Maiden. But metal nonetheless intrigues me. Megadeth is moderate on my list as well. Who's your favorite band?

Linux Enthusiast
    Perhaps the later part of this thread should be moved to the Coffe Lounge ?

Regarding the article the last section titled "False threat ?" is so idiotic
    it's laughable.
    Even the fact that we are talking about Linux, which not only isn't a company, but isn't even an operating system, is a sham. There is no Linux product; not really, Linux only refers to the kernel which, by itself, doesn't actually do much of anything.
    But when people talk of Linux in most cases they mean GNU/Linux which
    is very much an operating system.Perhaps we should be calling it GNU/Linux
    so that people can't get away with misleading arguments like that.

The rest is full of completely false claims.
    Yet open source Latest News about open source, as it is supposed to be practiced, puts you squarely in the software business.
    Complete nonsense.
    Finally, we know that what is largely holding the open-source community together is a dislike for Microsoft.
    Riiiiight
    by 2015 we'll be largely wondering what all the fuss surrounding Linux was really about.
    If that happens it will only be because Linux will have been replaced
    by a better open source operating system.Or because amazing developments
    in hardware will make all operating systems of today obsolete.

I do wonder who is so stupid as to buy the consulting services of "Enderle group".
    If anyone has paid "Enderle" money for consulting please pm me I have a bridge
    I'm selling at a very good price.

Just Joined!
    hahaha. Yes Santa's helper. In regards to that article, I will proceed to quote myself from what I mentioned earlier.
    jackass

Linux User
    Even the fact that we are talking about Linux, which not only isn't a company, but isn't even an operating system
    Why is it important that linux is not a company? Is our erstwhile correspondant a capitalist? While there is nothing wrong with making money maybe that is not soemthing we should use to judge quality software, huh? Obviously it's what this guy uses to judge by though, why else would he be so pro M$?
    registered linux user: 387197

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2