Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: error in g++

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

error in g++

i am compiling vc++ code in g++ and got error

"direct.h:no such file or directory"

direct.h is included in vc++ code .when i look for direct.h in /use/include/ folder i didnt get it.

what to do now?

any replacement header file for direct.h?

i m getting same error for io.h.

Just Joined!
    what are the functions and macros or definitions specific to direct.h, io.h that u r using in ur program? for the functions look up the man page of that particular function, u will find what header file to include over there.

Linux User
    Are you sure that these two are standard library headers and not just M$ extensions like the infamous conio.h. In most cases M$ discourages use of the standard libraries by providing their own equivalents. They aim for market dominance not for portabilty, so they want programmers to become their API's slaves.
    "I don't know what I'm running from
    And I don't know where I'm running to
    There's something deep and strange inside of me I see"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

easy kyku

Go easy on MS kyku

Just Joined!

Re: easy kyku

Quote Originally Posted by syrup
    Go easy on MS kyku
    Kyku's not too far off. M$ are a-holes when it comes to the world of code. Remember when they tried to muck up the java world and even admitted so under oath in court?

Linux User
    Why should anyone go easy on M$? M$ is a giant perfectly capable of defending it's own dastardly actions and little in need of defence from us tiny little pinguins
    registered linux user: 387197

Linux User
    Here is an interesting and funny article about how Linux saved M$

Linux User
    Sometimes I just gotta wonder about where exactly journalists pull their ideas from. Apparently using M$ since before time began gives this guy an insight into how the minds of linux users work. Personally, I am not in the software business, in fact, as a user I am not in business at all, but I still want to have a machine that does not crash every 5 mins, and if it does happen to crash I would like to be able to fix that without reformatting my harddrive.
    Okay, so the guy loves M$, thinks they are wonderful cuz they dropped prices in third world countries so people can afford to buy their sh.., erm, product. Well aren't they just the philanthropical paragons of virtue. Of course, they still want to drag every red cent out of those who can actually afford their "products".
    People who rave about M$ sometimes get on my bloody nerves
    registered linux user: 387197

Just Joined!
    Dear God! Thanks for the link kyku. How much do ya wanna bet that jackazz is on Microsoft's payroll....because I have never seen someone kiss so much ass before.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by ibowtotux
    How much do ya wanna bet that jackazz is on Microsoft's payroll....because I have never seen someone kiss so much ass before.
    OK, but I also think the article illustrates well how this corporation works... they tend to work hard only when their position is in danger... if they regain monopoly they start to neglect users and provide bad service. Example? After conquering Netscape long time ago, they almost abandoned releasing new versions of IE, no matter how buggy it was/is. Now that Firefox jeopardizes their dominance, the guys at M$ are making a hype about a new version sporting ad blocking, tabbed browsing and blah blah blah..