can you tell me please, whether there exists a relatively easy way to intercept a keypress? so that, f.ex. when i type "/a" in say, kword, it changes it automatically to "acute a", the "a" with a little line &c.

or maybe there already is a program doing that and i just don't know about it?

help me please. this is actually rather important for me (studying linguistics...)