Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok. I'm soon going to be trashing windows and sticking with linux and i need to find a replacement for my ide's. I'm looking for a good ide for php ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

PHP IDE

Ok. I'm soon going to be trashing windows and sticking with linux and i need to find a replacement for my ide's.

I'm looking for a good ide for php dev. on FedoraC3 with gnome. I looked at quanta and love it, but it's KDE based and i don't want to mix if i don't have to. One of the requirements i am looking for, and was in quanta, is a treeview of my functions and classes. I'm an old-school visual studio user, so i've grown accustomed to using class views.

I would prefer open source if there is a good ide out there. Zend studio is one i'm looking at, but it's not open source.

Cheers
    Register Linux User #388393

I dunno if it's KDE specific or if it has what you want, but check out Bluefish. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Actually, it's Gtk, so definitely not KDE:

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

Linux Newbie
    Thanks Cabhan. I had seen that listed in other forums, but didn't bother because ppl were bashing it. It's actually pretty nice, although it doesn't seem to have a class tree.

I do think i'll keep this one installed.
    I ended up installing kdebase and the other dependencies for quanta plus, but it seems to be buggy as hell.

In case anyone else is reading this thread. Scite is available for linux, which is something i use on winblows because it will handle any language you throw in it; even actionscript.

Thanks again Cabhan. I'll continue to look around and compare and if anyone else has a suggestion, feel free to post it.
    Register Linux User #388393