Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am now trying to tackle Shared Borders/Frames in PHP. I read that Frames don't get crawled properly by Google/Inkatomi. This is why M$ FP has the Shared Borders bit. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Shared borders/Frames...

I am now trying to tackle Shared Borders/Frames in PHP. I read that Frames don't get crawled properly by Google/Inkatomi. This is why M$ FP has the Shared Borders bit. Somehow these are actually crawled by Google's bot. I can't seem to find anything on them in any of the usual spots, are SB's possible in PHP?
    If not, no biggie, but I would still like to keep the dynamic feel of PHP with the cool look of Frames. Is there a trick to dynamically creating frames as well as the HTML that PHP is so good for?
    Adam

Linux Guru
    What kind of frames are you referring to? If you just mean normal <frameset>s, then just generate it as you would with any other HTML?

Linux Engineer
    Yeah, i didnt understand the question really either....you just type the html code as you should have done without php.
    Regards

Andutt

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sorry if that was too vague. Here is a better example. Lets say this BB that we communicate through, being native PHP, all the sudden had a frame on the left. This frame could contain links to the rest of the posts, instead of having to go back to the main page to look at the top level headings. This is what I would consider dynamically created html. I can only assume that the code(simplified) would be something in the order of:
    Code:
    <html>
    <?php
       print&#40;<frameset cols="30%, * border=0>
               <frame name="foo1" src=$PHP_SELF.somepart>
               <frame name="foo2" src=$PHP_SELF.someotherpart>
               </frameset>
    ?>
    </html>
    Is this how you would create frames with PHP? It would be really cool to have 100% dynamically created websites.

The second part for me to be clearer on is the Shared Border bit. This seems like a Microsoft thing. Apparently Google/Inkatomi doesn't crawl Frames properly. The bot only crawls the frameset page, but not the content, i.e. the pages that the frameset bucket calls to fill the frames.
    I really don't care as much about that as I do about the dynamic feeling of 100% PHP.
    Adam