Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, Does anybody know how to create triggers in postgresql???. I think a have to create a function in "C" first and then call it from the trigger. Is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Triggers in Postgresql

Hi everyone,
    Does anybody know how to create triggers in postgresql???. I think a have to create a function in "C" first and then call it from the trigger. Is this the only way to do it? cuz it seems to be difficult. Can i use plsql?

Linux Engineer
    I have never heard of anyone creating triggers in mysql or postregsql but i know that it workes on Oracle and Sybase databases. The best way to find out is to search on google or read on mysql.org or postregsql:s official homepage.
    Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    To my knowledge postgresql or mysql do not support triggers. As andutt says only oracle supports them. Plsql is definately only supported by oracle, as this is their procedural language. How you would create triggers in "c" I don't know, as triggers are usually held within the database itself. I guess reading the docs that come with mysql may point you in the right direction.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

PostgreSQL has triggers

I think this is a relatively recent feature but PostgreSQL does have triggers, no C programming required:
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view....tetrigger.html
    ...although only row-level, not statement level triggers appear to be supported.