Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, My project need use of a toolkit written by poeple from Aachen. The complete source code of the toolkit is given at the following address: link I used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help me - compile c++ on linux fedora

Dear All,

My project need use of a toolkit written by poeple from Aachen. The complete source code of the toolkit is given at the following address:

link
    I used gcc 4.0 (also tried with gcc 3.4 on fedora)
    When I tried to compile the toolkit, the following messages appeared:

BinaryStream.cc:20:2: warning: #warning is a GCC extension
    BinaryStream.cc:20:2: warning: #warning "CodeSmell: wrapper and file stream roles should be separated: BinaryWriter/Reader vs. BinaryStream"
    BinaryStream.cc:105: warning: specialization of 'template<class T> bool Core::BinaryOutputStream::write(const T*, std::streamsize)' in different namespace
    BinaryStream.hh:136: warning: from definition of 'template<class T> bool Core::BinaryOutputStream::write(const T*, std::streamsize)'
    BinaryStream.cc: In member function 'bool Core::BinaryOutputStream::write(const T*, std::streamsize) [with T = bool]':
    BinaryStream.cc:105: internal compiler error: in comptypes, at cp/typeck.c:942
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
    Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/cclZXwo0.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.

Please help me ! Thanks in advance.

Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/cclZXwo0.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.

Linux Guru
    That's obviously a compiler bug ("internal compiler error"). Are you absolutely, positively sure that exactly the same thing happened with gcc 3.4? I'm having a very hard time believing that to so disparate versions of gcc would just happen to die from the same internal error...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    That's obviously a compiler bug ("internal compiler error"). Are you absolutely, positively sure that exactly the same thing happened with gcc 3.4? I'm having a very hard time believing that to so disparate versions of gcc would just happen to die from the same internal error...
    As the output file so big, I would not like to post it here. I am sure that it does not work on both gcc 3.4 and gcc 4.0.

If it is possible, would you please download and try it on your computer, given that the toolkit itself is quite small, just less than 250K.

Thanks for your help.