Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. Ive been looking for a tool to check memory problems (specially memory leaks) under linux, but i havent been lucky so I ask you people for your help. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

memory tool

Hi. Ive been looking for a tool to check memory problems (specially memory leaks) under linux, but i havent been lucky so I ask you people for your help.
    I got used to CodeGuard that comes with Borland C++ and now I need something similar to test my programs compiled with g++ under linux
    Do you know any working tool? Ive tried valgrind, but I dont know why its not working properly with my program (it connects to a db2 DB, and after a few memory warnings involving the libdb2 libraries the program freezes). any ideas?
    thanks
    Fede

Just Joined!
    thanks for the answers
    ive tried ccmalloc and i got the same problem as with valgrind. the program halts when connecting to db2 using the db2cli lib. Actually, it might be working very slow, .., anyway, i got on response. I guess i am gonna have to hardcode my code to avoid connections to the db at all during search of memory leaks
    c u

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close