Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi its like i am am having a system with 15 disks of 250GB each. and it has a raid controller. the kernel that is installed is customized. now i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

initializing the harddisks using the dd command

hi

its like i am am having a system with 15 disks of 250GB each. and it has a raid controller. the kernel that is installed is customized.

now i installed the customized kernel, and then on reboot the kernel loaded up and is working fine

now i created a RAID disks on it of different levels 0 ,1,5 ...

now i am going to do a reinstallation. the previously created raid comes up which should not happen. This is due to data which is present on the first 200MB of the 15 disks

Now my problem

during the installation i want to clean the 15 disks using the dd command, the first 200 MB.
    but how do i get the disklist, is there any command to get the disklist or at least get the device nodes like </dev/sda >, </dev/sdb> etc.........

since if i get the disklist then i can just run a script with the dd command

i dont know if this is the right section i posted this topic, since there was some scripting to do with it, i posted it in this

Linux Newbie
    its ok

i kinda got over this problem. Since i am going to use a customized anaconda installer the dd command can be included with that

thanks anyway