Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Cabhan As a note, if you're interested in learning Perl, pick up "Learning Perl" from O'Reilly. A GREAT book. DITTO...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    As a note, if you're interested in learning Perl, pick up "Learning Perl" from O'Reilly. A GREAT book.
    DITTO

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOS
    I have been writing code for years, and I still occasionally find myself doing something "stupid" -- at work I write code in multiple programming/scripting languages (PERL is one of them) - sometimes [I guess I forget] which one I am writing, and use the syntax of one of the other ones... Fun, fun, fun... But I love writing code and have a blast with it.
    I find that Perl looks so much like C that I often use /* ...*/ for comments instead of #. My only gripe with it, really.

Heh...I was writing some C++ code, and used "print" instead of "cout" every place in the file without catching it.

Even when I got errors in the compile, I had no idea what was wrong until I really looked at it.

So don't worry about stupid mistakes! We all make them.

scm
    Linux Engineer
    It takes a big man to admit to making stupid mistakes, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2