Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm thinking of making some scripted programs. Does anyone have any good script language lib that they can recommend? I don't really want Tcl, but I'm considering scheme or rep. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Scripting libs

I'm thinking of making some scripted programs. Does anyone have any good script language lib that they can recommend? I don't really want Tcl, but I'm considering scheme or rep. Does perl have a scripting lib?

Linux Engineer
    I am not sure what you mean by, "does perl have a scripting lib?". I have no idea what kind of program you plan on developing but I have helped write email server and information management system in perl so I am sure perl can do whatever you plan on writing. It can also create gui's very easily with the tk toolkit module.

Linux Guru
    Oh, sorry, I realize now how vague that post was. What I meant wasn't that I was planning on writing the programs in a script language, but writing a C program that implements scripting functionality.
    I checked a little since last, though, and it would seem that perl would do excellently. It's probably the best language for what I'm planning on doing anyway. It would take too long to explain everything in full, so I don't do that now.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close