Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I want to use the command Code: mencoder /home/bob/test.avi -of mpeg -vf scale=720:480,harddup -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:vcodec=mpeg2video:keyint=25:vbitrate=5000:aspect=4/3 -mpegopts format=dvd -srate 48000 -ofps 30000/1001 -o /home/bob/tv1.mpg but instead of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

automating command mencoder (SOLVED)

I want to use the command
    Code:
    mencoder /home/bob/test.avi -of mpeg -vf scale=720:480,harddup -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:vcodec=mpeg2video:keyint=25:vbitrate=5000:aspect=4/3 -mpegopts format=dvd -srate 48000 -ofps 30000/1001 -o /home/bob/tv1.mpg

but instead of test.avi and tv1.mpg I want it to automatically find all avi's in a certain directory and then name them the same when it converts to mpg. So for example if I have file: 1.avi, 2.avi, 3.avi and so on I want it to convert these and then name them 1.mpg, 2.mpg, and 3.mpg.

So I think I just want to set up a simple script to do this. But I don't know how exactly. I set up the script to let me just run this command listed above so I don't have to type it in everytime but I have change the names of the files everytime I want to use it. I want it to automatically find the avi and turn them into mpg with proper naming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Re: automating command mencoder

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    if [ $# -eq 1 ]
    then
    dir="$1"
    else
    dir="$PWD"
    fi
    cd $dir
    for file in *.avi
    do
    mencoder $file -of mpeg -vf scale=720:480,harddup -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:vcodec=mpeg2video:keyint=25:vbitrate=5000:aspect=4/3 -mpegopts format=dvd -srate 48000 -ofps 30000/1001 -o ${file%%avi}mpg

I tried this and then did chmod +x and then ran script and it gives me this error:

./MENCODER SCRIPT: line 12: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I of course names it MENCODER SCRIPT

Might just be some stupid mistake I don't know though. The only change I made was make the whole mencoder portion one line because that is how I had it setup originally.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Try:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    if [ $# -eq 1 ]
    then
    dir="$1"
    else
    dir="$PWD"
    fi
    cd $dir
    for file in *.avi
    do
    mencoder $file -of mpeg -vf scale=720:480,harddup -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:vcodec=mpeg2video:keyint=25:vbitrate=5000:aspect=4/3 -mpegopts format=dvd -srate 48000 -ofps 30000/1001 -o ${file%%avi}mpg
    done
    He forgot the "done" at the end, methinks.

Yeah I forgot the done. That and try naming the script without spaces

thanks I'll try this when I get home tonight.

now I'm getting this error:

Code:
    MEncoder 1.0pre7-3.3.5-20050130 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
    Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
    CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
    Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

File not found: 'frameno.avi'
    Failed to open frameno.avi
    File not found: 'That'
    Failed to open That
    Cannot open file/device.
    I don't know why it's looking for frameno.avi?
    or what "That" is?

[/quote]

What did you type, exactly?

I put this command in a file entitled CONVERT I used nano to make the file CONVERT

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    if [ $# -eq 1 ]
    then
    dir="$1"
    else
    dir="$PWD"
    fi
    cd $dir
    for file in *.avi
    do
    done
    except the line starting with "mencoder" and ending with ${file%%avi}mpg I put all on one line.

I then did chmod +x CONVERT
    then
    ./CONVERT

What are the contents of the directory?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast