Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi i'm new to C++ programming and am still getting used to linux cmd prompt. I don't mind using the prompt, but i was thinking it would be nice if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

anyway to style g++ output?

Hi i'm new to C++ programming and am still getting used to linux cmd prompt. I don't mind using the prompt, but i was thinking it would be nice if i could customize the colors for different output of gcc, g++ etc. That way i could have line #'s in one color, or filename of error in another color, and look things up quicker.

Anyone know if this is possible, or how it may be done?

If i could just create a custom stylesheet like for a web browser that would be sweet, but any way i could modify the output style would be helpful.

Thanks lots,
    Keith

Linux Newbie

g++ o/p

I use kate for most of the C== I do. It makes all the colors in the program. As far as compiling and having a color output I am unsure.
    Mahalo,
    Edward
    GNU/Linux is a powerful Free OS. Fear is a powerful motivator. Freedom is sweet. Fear GNU/Linux. Savor Freedom.

Do you mean color-coded output or syntax hilighting?

I think he means color-coded output. Like instead of "14:foo", it would be:

14:foo

As for how to do it, the only thing I could think of would be a C++ program that captures the output and reprints it out with certain colors.

Linux Newbie
    ya, for programming i use mostly kdevelop which works great and has syntax coloring. I was thinking in terms of output; warning & errors messages during compilation.