Find the answer to your Linux question:
There may already be something, but I can't find it... I need a web page writing that I can use to submit a cron job. I have a util that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

script needed

There may already be something, but I can't find it...

I need a web page writing that I can use to submit a cron job. I have a util that modifys the access control line in Squid to turn the internet on or off to classrooms. I have a web based interface to this util so that staff can do it themselves before they go in to teach. However, they would like the functionality to be able to submit a request to turn the intenet on or off to a room at a certain time. Hence thinking of a cron job.

Any pointers in the right direction?

Or if you happen to live near Warrington, UK, anyone fancy a few hours consultancy?

TIA,

Nik

Just Joined!
    I would create a web app either using php or ruby. It sounds like your shutting off the internet at the server rather than the client. So I would use the system command(if using ruby/rails) to make a call to the at command. Another option, which is way more flexible, is to shutdown the internet at the client. You can do this by having a client script that accepts network commands using sockets. The client script (again making an assumption about your environment) will call the netsh command and empty out the gateway assignment. This way you can selectively kill computers over the network.