Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I would like to have a server - client type of application using TCP/IP sockets. I wrote a simple server code, listening some port in Linux. However, the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Socket Programming in Linux

Hi everyone,

I would like to have a server - client type of application using TCP/IP sockets. I wrote a simple server code, listening some port in Linux. However, the client program resides in pocket PC or PDA on Windows CE. The client programm is written in C#.NET and it also uses TCP/IP socket protocol. I tried to connect them, however I got an error message on the client side. It says that the target machine actively refused the connection.
    So my question is:
    Is it possible to connect devices and transfer data between them that are running on different operating systems, using TCP/IP socket programming?
    If so, what would be the problem?
    Thanks in advance,

Linux User

Sure

Of course you can. TCP/IP networking is a standard mechanism to communicate.

Infact, when you browse internet, probably you are connecting to many different operating systems, but you got always a connections established and get web pages...

Probably your error is cause by incorrect setup of server (or the client/server programs don't work correctly).
    When using Windows, have you ever told "Ehi... do your business?"
    Linux user #396597 (http://counter.li.org)

Just Joined!
    You are right, I've found the problem. I changed the Firewall settings on Linux which is the server and got connected

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    brother!!!
    i am new to socket programming!
    if you have this type of application source code please share with me!
    janipress@gmail.com
    thanks a lot!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, chishti

Please feel free to start a new thread of your own if you wish. Locking this old thread because it is now going on 6 years old. ...
    oz