Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello all, I have a problem.I install eclipse under linux to develop Java.but i found a boring problem.the app is too slow.when i 'm coding,the cursor even can't follow my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

using eclipse under linux sooooooo slow.......

hello all,
    I have a problem.I install eclipse under linux to develop Java.but i found a boring problem.the app is too slow.when i 'm coding,the cursor even can't follow my typing speed and the index is so slow too.
    My configuration is:
    CPU:Celeron 2.53G
    Mainboard:865PE+ICH5
    VideoCard:FX5500 128bit/128M
    MemoryDR400 512M (2x256)
    Harddisk:IDE80G 7200rpm
    RedHat9(linux kernel 2.40.20-
    CAN SOMEONE Help me resolve this problem?
    THANKS VERRRRY MUCH.

use netbeans instead. i could never see the point of eclipse. not only is it slow, but it has no GUI builder either. netbeans seems to operate just as slowly but at least its got much more functionlality.

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Use vi.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I did a search through the "Eclipse Newcomer" newgroup (the closest I can find to a troubleshooting one), and it seems that a few people had this problem.

Run Eclipse, then use the "top" command to check memory usage in your programs. See if something is taking up a lot of stuff.

A problem someone else had was that a Windows environment was virus-scanning every JAR file that he had. So maybe you have some sort of program installed doing something similar?

I ran Eclipse with very similar specs to yours, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

(on a completely unrelated note, are you aware that Red Hat 9 is extremely outdated? You may want to look into Fedora Core, which in addition to being more recent, uses the improved 2.6.x kernel line.)