Find the answer to your Linux question:
guys, a question: can i skip a config part in xorconfig? coz i want to directly go to the vidcard setup.. so i wnt to skip the configs for mouse, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

skipping a config part in xorgconfig

guys, a question:

can i skip a config part in xorconfig? coz i want to directly go to the vidcard setup.. so i wnt to skip the configs for mouse, kb and monitor..

is this possible? OR i really have to configure the first parts ?? i already have the configs for my mouse and kb in /etc/X11 .. my fear is IF i change this settings while m doing xorgconfig.. something wrong may happen.. OR you will suggest me to just COPY my recent settings for MOUSE and KB? ? ?

need help.. newbie here..
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

you can always just mannually edit the
    Code:
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    file. If you are worried you might mess up somthing just copy the entire file, and then you can always delete the new one and replace it with the old one if something goes wrong.
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux Engineer
    I belive you can also use "xorgcfg" to change the configuration, but it's not a CUI tool

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close