Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have looked and looked but i cant seem to find a decent download of a vb implementation for red hat. any suggestions?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VB (visual basic)

i have looked and looked but i cant seem to find a decent download of a vb implementation for red hat.

any suggestions?

You could try Gambas. It is not quite VB, but AFAIK, it is the closest you will get.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!

ok ok

ok i got it on my computer but it wont install right it always craps out with several errors at the make stage even thouhgh i am root and i chmodded all the parent directories just incase(to 777).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    RealBasic too.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Just Joined!

huh?

huh?

Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Just Joined!

nuhhuh

they want money for that. i will not dirty my clean distro with non open source development software.

Re: ok ok

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Garrett
    ok i got it on my computer but it wont install right it always craps out with several errors at the make stage even thouhgh i am root and i chmodded all the parent directories just incase(to 777).
    What distro are you using? There may be packages for your package manager. This would simplify things for you .

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    i am using redhat/fedora

Just Joined!

Visual is not always basic

I tried forever to find a good vb like environment for linux, it just isnt happening. What I finally settled on was using kdevelop. It includes a gui builder and you can use just about any kind of code inside the event handlers. I personally installed kdevelop, ruby, and korundum. Ruby is very similar to vb syntactically, and it is much more powerful. If you are comfortable with vb, you should have no trouble creating visual ruby apps in kdevelop.
    The downside is that everything is scripted, so you have no way of concealing your source. But that doesnt really matter because everything that you develop using trolltechs gui builder must be open unless you have their commercial liscense. That doesnt bother me, because I have never made a dime programming in the first place. Too many overseas players who work for $9000 a year.