Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Originally Posted by thcc2 Originally Posted by the_guy_dressed_in_black do you mean using cron? if you give us the language it would be helpful That is in PHP cron is used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    947

    Quote Originally Posted by thcc2
    Quote Originally Posted by the_guy_dressed_in_black
    do you mean using cron?
    if you give us the language it would be helpful
    That is in PHP
    cron is used for bash too

  2. #12
    Linux Guru Cabhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    3,252
    Okay...

    1) What language are you using?
    2) What are you trying to accomplish?
    3) Give us a code sample.
    4) Use a different word than "interval" to describe what you need.

  3. #13
    Linux Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    Okay...

    1) What language are you using?
    2) What are you trying to accomplish?
    3) Give us a code sample.
    4) Use a different word than "interval" to describe what you need.
    Basically i studying someone's coding on PHP
    I think the code try to do something on hourly basis
    As, i know in Visual Basic, the "interval" is for the timer control's setting
    for example, i take VB as an example, coz i am a VB Engineer before, if let say i would like to display a company logo for 5 second when the system starts i will srt the timer control interval
    Proper Planing is a way of success

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #14
    Linux Guru Cabhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    3,252
    Okay, I think I get what you're saying. You want to do something, then wait 5 seconds before executing the next bit of code?

    While I don't know the specific code for PHP, commands like this often take the form of:
    Code:
    sleep(x)
    x here is a value in milliseconds. What does this mean? "1000" is one second. "5000" is 5 seconds. "500" is half a second.

    That said, I don't know the specific command or syntax for PHP, but someone else might, or you might use this to identify it in whatever code you're studying.

  6. #15
    Linux Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    Okay, I think I get what you're saying. You want to do something, then wait 5 seconds before executing the next bit of code?

    While I don't know the specific code for PHP, commands like this often take the form of:
    Code:
    sleep(x)
    x here is a value in milliseconds. What does this mean? "1000" is one second. "5000" is 5 seconds. "500" is half a second.

    That said, I don't know the specific command or syntax for PHP, but someone else might, or you might use this to identify it in whatever code you're studying.
    thks i appreciate the help that u had given
    Proper Planing is a way of success

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •