Find the answer to your Linux question:
There is a search engine named AspSeek, may be some of you know. It was originally written for Redhat 7.3. I want to use AspSeek on Redhat Enterprise 3. AspSeek ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Need hints please

There is a search engine named AspSeek, may be some of you know. It was originally written for Redhat 7.3. I want to use AspSeek on Redhat Enterprise 3. AspSeek uses std library but I have to change to __gnu_cxx and met some errors like this:
    Code:
    In file included from ../../include/charsets.h:34,
                    from ../../include/ucharset.h:34,
                    from ../../include/sqldb.h:40,
                    from ../../include/mysqldb.h:30,
                    from mysqldb.cpp:26:
    ../../include/maps.h:42: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
    In file included from ../../include/ucharset.h:34,
                    from ../../include/sqldb.h:40,
    ../../include/charsets.h:118: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
    In file included from ../../include/sqldb.h:40,
    ../../include/ucharset.h:482: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
    ../../include/ucharset.h:575: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
    In file included from ../../include/squeue.h:33,
                    from ../../include/sqldbi.h:34,
                    from ../../include/mysqldbi.h:25,
                    from mysqldb.cpp:27:
    ../../include/hrefs.h:91: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
    make[2]: *** [mysqldb.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/aspseek-1.2.10/src/mysql'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/aspseek-1.2.10/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    I deeply do not know how to solve the problem with "template". How can I change the code to run AspSeek on RHEL3? Thank you very much.

Linux Guru
    Could you post what the code looks like around the lines that gcc complains about?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Could you post what the code looks like around the lines that gcc complains about?
    Yes, sure. Here is the source code, please have a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Linux Guru
    Well, I'm no C++ guy (I prefer to stick to plain C), but that code does look extremely weird to me. What does it do -- extend a certain specialization of a templated struct with a function?

Either way, it seems that, from looking at some other C++ include files, the problem should be solved if you just prepend the specialization with "template<>". In other words, change e.g. line 42 from maps.h to this:
    Code:
    	template<> struct hash<string> {
    Of course, do the same thing with the other errors as well.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Well, I'm no C++ guy (I prefer to stick to plain C), but that code does look extremely weird to me. What does it do -- extend a certain specialization of a templated struct with a function?

Either way, it seems that, from looking at some other C++ include files, the problem should be solved if you just prepend the specialization with "template<>". In other words, change e.g. line 42 from maps.h to this:
    Code:
    	template<> struct hash<string> {
    Of course, do the same thing with the other errors as well.
    Thank you, lol, I do not know that template can be use without any paramaters though I know a "template" should be place in front of errors. But when I fix the problems, I met another errors which I can not find the path to it. If you know, please guide me.
    Code:
    In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/locale:47,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/ostream.tcc:40,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/ostream:545,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/iterator:71,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/ext/hashtable.h:69,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/ext/hash_map:65,
                     from ../include/config.h:27,
                     from ../include/filters.h:33,
                     from filters.cpp:28:
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc: In member function `_InIter std::time_get<_CharT, _InIter>::_M_extract_name(_InIter, _InIter, int&, const _CharT**, size_t, std::ios_base&, std::_Ios_Iostate&) const':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2003: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc: In function `bool std::__verify_grouping(const char*, size_t, const std::string&)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2446: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
    In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/istream:771,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/iterator:72,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/ext/hashtable.h:69,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/ext/hash_map:65,
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:146:36: macro "min" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:147:46: macro "max" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
    In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/istream:771,
                     from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/iterator:72,
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc: In member function `std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>& std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>>(short int&)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:147: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:147: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:199:34: macro "min" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:200:44: macro "max" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc: In member function `std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>& std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>>(int&)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:200: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:200: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc: In member function `std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>& std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::getline(_CharT*, std::streamsize, _CharT)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:599: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:660:51: macro "max" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc: In member function `std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>& std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::ignore(std::streamsize, typename _Traits::int_type)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:660: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc: In member function `std::streamsize std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::readsome(_CharT*, std::streamsize)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:744: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/istream.tcc:965:43: macro "max" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
    make[2]: *** [filters.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/aspseek-1.2.10/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/aspseek-1.2.10/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Just Joined!
    I do not know which version of gcc is compatible to the code I am using because I downloaded it while I am using RHEL4. The version of gcc compatible for it may be in Redhat 7.3. The source code was downloaded from www.aspseek.org

Just Joined!
    Some ideas please

Just Joined!

same problem

Hi! I have same problem with this application, did you solve that?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by soulmare View Post
    Hi! I have same problem with this application, did you solve that?
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Please start a new thread because this one is nearly 5 years old and not likely to be monitored by the other posters any longer.

Thank you.
    oz