Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to change the logo in phpbb 2.0.6 from the logo_phpBB.gif to a local logo. I cannot find the gif file and don't know php enought to track ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    flw
    Linux Engineer

phpbb 2.0.6 question

I would like to change the logo in phpbb 2.0.6 from the logo_phpBB.gif to a local logo. I cannot find the gif file and don't know php enought to track the default code either. Anyone know the defualt location of the logo?

Any other idea's?
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Guru
    the logo is in:
    templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif

Just replace that file with whatever logo you want.

(the code that calls/references it is in templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl)

Jason

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Always nice to have a phpbb buddy
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    flw
    Linux Engineer
    Instead of starting a new post on a new phpbb issue, I thought I'd just continue on this one. Also the phpbb.com forum appears less than friendly as in the descriptions of the forums its says in almost each one what not to post about. And there's no obvious area for newbies.

So here we go, I successfully changed the logo to mine base off the instructions above.

Note: My hosting company runs the install portion of my phpbb and I have no cmd line access so I have to guess alot on where things are. I also know nothing of php.

So my questions is now on a defualt install what code do I need to add to make my logo a anchor/link and where would it be added like in index.php, or somewhere else? Again all defualt file/dir locations.

Sorry for such low level question but I have no php reference book and only know for sure that the code is not the same as pure html. I think
    Dan

Linux Guru
    You mean the big logo thing at the top left of the page?

That is in the overall_header.tpl file that you edited above.

The easiest way to make this change:

open the file, find to code:
    Code:
    <a name="top"></a>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0" align="center">
            <tr>
                    <td class="bodyline"><table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
                            <tr>
                                    <td>[img]templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif[/img]</td>
    Change the part:
    to this:
    Jason

flw
    Linux Engineer
    to this:

What file is this in? I can't do cmd line searche for txt strings from my hosting companies admin site . Sorry, just cheap hosting with no cmd line only cpanel for admin
    Dan

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar
    That is in the overall_header.tpl file that you edited above.
    /templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Thank you once again j
    Dan