Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all! I was just wondering if any of you'll had any ideas as to how I could go about porting a Turbo C code (which basically displays a robot ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Porting Turbo C graphics code into Linux

Hello all!

I was just wondering if any of you'll had any ideas as to how I could go about porting a Turbo C code (which basically displays a robot arm) into Linux (Debian). I'm new to Linux and am not very good at programming and hence am struggling to find a solution to this...However, this has to be done as a part of my project and any help that you'll could give me would be highly appreciated...

I know that this involves something like using conversion libraries and rewritting the code but I'm very vague when it comes to the fine points of actually doing this.

Thanks.

Just Joined!
    so what's your turbo c code?

zyd
    Just Joined!
    it happens. When i was a M$ user i was used to program in turbo C. the things that i missed more when i came to the ANSI C path was the conio.h functions like getch(), gotoxy(), etc. and the library to draw windows. Then i found ncurses and i fall in love again. That if you wanna rewrite your applications. But if you want to use the same functions, there is a linux port of conio.h but it doesn't work very well.

Just Joined!
    Hey guys...

Have made a bit of progress since my last post...Found some conversion libraries on the net and am using these to try and port/run my code in Linux...Things are not going too badly, but I've still got two errors that are giving me grief...

Problem #1:

I've got this declaration:
    int graphdriver=DETECT, graphmode=0;

in my original program...The only other place this is used in the code is under main() as
    initgraph(&graphdriver, &graphmode,"");

My error message says "'DETECT' undeclared here (not in a function)

Problem #2:

void drawsquare (struct pts *sqr, int col){

fillpoly(4,(int far *)screensq);} is a function in the program that was given to me.
    Can't really see where else in the code far is used/has been declared or not...

Error says "Syntax error before "far"".

Any ideas as to how these could be resolved?

Thanks heaps!