Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, I'm very new to linux. I wanted to play around with writing some C# programs under linux through mono and Glade and I can't seem to find any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Glade and bindings

Hi folks, I'm very new to linux. I wanted to play around with writing some C# programs under linux through mono and Glade and I can't seem to find any documentation on what a "binding" is and how to use them (I have all the necessary files I believe). I open Glade but don't see how to use the GTK# "binding" I've compiled and installed. Am I just completely off track?

Thanks

Shane

Just Joined!
    nm, I think I'm probably better off picking up C for any linux needs I have and keeping C# to windows, at least until the open source .NET stuff is more complete and a real IDE (i.e. geared to linux C#) in place.

Linux Guru
    I think that's a good idea in any case. IMHO, the .net stuff is clearly overrated.

Just Joined!
    I really like C#'s syntax. It was very intuitive for me to pick up as my first language (after a brief stint with VB). I look at some C/C++ syntax and it can be really daunting.

Linux Guru
    I don't know about the syntax, to be honest. I was merely referring to the architecture as a whole. In my opinion, it's just a bunch of extraneous abstraction layers to do the same thing.

Just Joined!
    Ah, sorry my bad. I'm not even knowledgeable enough to comment on the whole architecture :)