Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, This may or may not be addressed here but... I currently have a USR TC1000 setup and I am able to connect into it. What i want is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Open Listening Socket

Hello all,

This may or may not be addressed here but...

I currently have a USR TC1000 setup and I am able to connect into it.

What i want is to have a daemon running on the server listen on a port for the connection and then process the data sent. Currently I have a php and c++ script as socket daemons but when i dial in via a term app it shows the connectin then it drops.

So I am thinking that the type of socket that is there the modem comms can not use. I know that if i set the connect up to goto port 23 telent i can log in via telnet with out a problem!

Does anyone have any clue or did not not make sense at all?

Thank you all in advance!

Linux Guru
    I'm sorry, but that really didn't make sense to me...

Just Joined!

Let me try again

I am setup with a USR TC1000 that routes the connection to a server.
    I can set it up so that it brings up the telnet login window and I can log into the server.

What I would like is to have things setup so that instead of accessing the telnet port I have things route to another port running a socket connection.

Problem is that the socket connection does not work with that socket routing setup. I see the connection is made to the socket application but then dies.

The socket server application works from another stand alone socket client application, but not from the TC1000 connection.

Does that make any better sense.