Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Is C# a worthwhile language?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

5 55.56%
Have joined evening course for C# (pronounced C sharp, interestingly enough). In first lesson am told C# perhaps Microsoft's slightly petulant, perhaps, reply to Java. I gloomly jump to this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

C# - is this sensible/(worth learning) language?

Have joined evening course for C# (pronounced C sharp, interestingly enough). In first lesson am told C# perhaps Microsoft's slightly petulant, perhaps, reply to Java.

I gloomly jump to this conclusion: C# was invented - not for sensible computery reasons - but as part of Microsoft's corporate strategy of 'commoditising' (is that the term?) hardware and software, to make things difficult for free software. That is: make it difficult to just plug anything, hard or soft, into anything else.

Is this fair? Willy nilly is it a sensible language?

Thanks any help.
    All power is violence; all power is evil.
    Money As Debt

I say give it a go! I do some playing with it, from time to time when I'm not too tired, and I think its really good and fun language. You even have some free implementations of the language for GNU/Linux, one at go-mono.org and the other one at dotgnu.org

Good luck

Great thanks.

Especially for web sites, forgot to ask for those: http://www.dotgnu.org/ http://www.go-mono.org/.
    All power is violence; all power is evil.
    Money As Debt