Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does any of you know which glibc version started using thread groups correctly in libpthread?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

libpthread version

Does any of you know which glibc version started using thread groups correctly in libpthread?

Linux Enthusiast
    wow, 2.1.3 maybe? I think I saw something about it in the changelog the very first time I installed LFS (3.0rc3 or something like that). They are now at 4.0 I believe. Lets go changelog hunting. Google to the rescue

---

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-al.../msg00317.html

leads me to believe it was in the first major release of 2.2.0 and later backported to 2.1.3. But I could be mistaken. Either way, enjoy the reading, some of it is so theoretical I can't even get interested in it. Tasks and threads being mutually orthoganal, task grouping, child process event handling, blah blah blah.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux Guru
    Actually, it's not surprising that noone knew. When I checked out the latest CVS version of pthread.c, I found that not even the latest version clones threads properly. It was quite an annoyance, since I had to do a really ugly manual compensation for it in the related project.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close