Find the answer to your Linux question:
I build mail server. Each user have 2 MB of quota. I want to show users that how much capacity of thier mail folder they have use. Is there any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Display Folder capacity

I build mail server. Each user have 2 MB of quota. I want to show users that how much capacity of thier mail folder they have use. Is there any script that can do this work. Also can it display in percentage and using a bar. Thanks in advance.

Linux Guru
    That depends on very much. How were you planning on displaying it to the user (via HTTP, X11, etc.)? Are they accessing the mail server directly, via webmail, POP3, IMAP, etc.? How have you set up the quotas? (With kernel filesystem quotas or manually via the MTA or some other method?)

Linux Engineer
    What I did for this was setup the quotas thorugh exim and had it display the space through webmail. Used squirellmail(sp?) for the webmail software which has a module you can add to do this. I have no idea how you would set it up for a imap/pop3 client to see it. Well I guess maybe some imap clients have it but I haven't seen or used any yet. I have only seen this features used with webmail.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply.We are accessing mail server via webmail. We set quota using MTA. Right now we are using pages made in PHP. Before it we were using EMU Web Mail. And we set quota also using EMU.What I need is just display quota status bar as we can see in hotmail. Once again thanks. waiting for your reply.

Linux Guru
    OK, then I get it a little more. What part, exactly, is it that you want help with? It obviously have to be done through PHP, so do you know PHP programming to start with? What MTA are you using? Is it a specific webmail distribution, or is it something that you've done yourselves?

Just Joined!
    Nop, I dont know PHP so much. We are using sendmail and distribution is red hat 7.1. I just want to show users that Thier remaining mail space is --% with a bar. Sorry if i dont understand your question properly.

Just Joined!
    One thing more.....can u see following in message window.

Your Inbox is 0% full
    ==========
    0% 50% 100%

I need just this.

Linux Guru
    Well, it's a little hard to help if we don't have access to the PHP pages that you're using.