Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here's some brief information: SUSE 10.0 PHP 4.4.0 - installed the PHP5 package, however it still seems to default to 4.4 MySQL, Apache2, Installed Moodle on webserver. Moodle is installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Cool PHP5 conversion? Using with Moodle.

Here's some brief information:
    SUSE 10.0
    PHP 4.4.0 - installed the PHP5 package, however it still seems to default to 4.4
    MySQL, Apache2, Installed Moodle on webserver.
    Moodle is installed on the server and is basically acting as a demo right now.

Here's my predicament: When I checked out the phpversion.php page, it says I still am using 4.4.0. I am getting a PHP line error when I goto view quiz results. I was wondering if it is at all possible to use PHP5 as the default.

For more information, here is the error:
    Code:
    Warning: print_header_and_tabs(tabs.php) [function.print-header-and-tabs]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/mod/quiz/report/default.php on line 37

Warning: print_header_and_tabs() [function.include]: Failed opening 'tabs.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/mod/quiz/report/default.php on line 37
    I now understand, from the Moodle forum, that it sounds like there is a problem with the include_path and that I should enter "." but I don't really understand that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431

Update:
    I fixed the line errors by adding a "./" in front of tabs.php in /moodle/mod/quiz/report/default.php on line 37.

The line now looks like this:
    Code:
    include('./tabs.php');
    I also had a problem on line 15 in /moodle/mod/quiz/report/grading/report.php. The code now looks like this:
    Code:
    require_once("./editlib.php");
    The reason for this change is that the files defined are not in the same directory. Stupid me was a little overwhelmed by the problem yesterday and used common sense today. <3 Coffee!

I do not necessarily need the PHP5 package to make this function properly, although it may cause issues if it is not down the road with other applications.

Hopefully this has been somewhat helpful for you Moodle users.
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431