Hrm...see if there are any fonts installed in Windows that you don't have in Linux...install those, if you find them and see if that fixes it. No time atm, but I'll check out that code later...at a glance, though, it doesn't look like that's the problem.
Hehehehe. OK, I've got the max 255 fonts installed in windows, and around 3000 available from Lotus, Corel, etc. I found the Adobe fonts on the Win98's font dir, and copied them to floppy, and used MDK9.1's 'Install Fonts' utility in the Mandrake Control Center. It doesn't seem to recognize the fonts from Win98 as usable fonts (I'm thinking I need PS fonts. Not sure what ships with Acroreader 4, but not compatible with *nix AFAIK) Adobe wants $179 for the package that has the Adobe Symbol PS fonts, and that is just out of the question :cry:
I'll take two weeks with no replies as no probs with the scripting of the java app(s). I may have a way around the prob, finally.
I did some work for a couple of friends, and came up with some new (to me) hardware. A 320W PS to replace the non sufficient 240W one, and a powerleap slocket card with a 1.2 celeron (Finally, I can use the 100MHz FSB, and 44MHz PCI bus, and have access to my Win drives while Linux is booted) 8)
Unforunately, I broke the GRUB in this process, and MDK is non functional. I also got a broadband friend to snag Debian 9.1, which will replace the MDK install in a few days. Hopefully, I will be able to scan Win for fonts and such with the new OS (I tried to get Slack, but the servers were down at the time, and connectivity isn't enough for Gentoo :cry: )
I'll let y'all know in a few days if it fixes the prob, or make a whole lot of new ones.