Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

youtube not working on fedora 7

everytime i go to view a video clip, i click on the thumbnail of the clip and it goes to play the video and i just get the cursor swirling around in the middle of the video screen like its going to play it,and a white screen.
    i'm useing firefox on 64 bit system.

I've seen stuff like this over the past couple of days. Really annoying.

I'm using firefox on my 64bit Sabayon 3.4e system. When I first installed it, you tube worked with no problems. Then I installed Adblock Plus, and it killed youtube. Even removing all the adblock filters didn't help, I had to manually disable Adblock.

Since then I've reinstalled Sabayon (for many many reasons!), and it's working fine now. I haven't got around to installing Adblock Plus yet, so there might be trouble in the future....

I wonder if youtube has updated some of their software that causes a clash on 64 bit firefox running with Adblock Plus. Anyone else have any problems like this?
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Don't know if there is a relation, but while viewing youtube videos on Feisty, I often get hard lock ups on Firefox and have to kill and restart it. It happens often enough for it to be highly annoying. I presume it's a flash problem.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    According to this, the OBJ-TABS option needs to be disabled in the AdBlock extension. Also, are you guys using 64 bit browsers because, if so, it's a known bug.

forum.guy
    YouTube videos on Firefox (32bit) with adblock plus working fine here.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    YouTube videos on Firefox (32bit) with adblock plus working fine here.
    Works fine for me also, 32 bit Gentoo install. Are you guys all using Adobe flash or an alternative?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Works fine for me also, 32 bit Gentoo install. Are you guys all using Adobe flash or an alternative?
    i think in my case its a flash player problem, i edited my file in firefox to force it to use 32 bit browser and it works ok on web pages that use flash, (it didn't before) but no good on youtube for some darn reason. i'm not very technically minded so excuse my way of putting things

I just added adblock plus and everything seems to be working fine now! Thanks guys!

So now... Let's enjoy a great youtube video...
    Link
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Quote Originally Posted by porsher_puddles View Post
    everytime i go to view a video clip, i click on the thumbnail of the clip and it goes to play the video and i just get the cursor swirling around in the middle of the video screen like its going to play it,and a white screen.
    i'm useing firefox on 64 bit system.
    If it in case of Fedora, just install firefox 2.0 and some plug ins may be missing , so install it, you tube will work fine.

In case of UBUNTU you have to install firefox 32 bit and flash players installed in your system to get the youtube working perfectly. To howto, search in ubuntuforums you will find the solution.

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Using Adobe Flash on my 64bit Sabayon 3.4e system, with (I assume) 64 bit Firefox. Not sure about Firefox tho -- it might be 32bit. I'll try the OBJ-TABS thing and report back.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode