Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed NS-2.31-allinone on my Fedora 6 system, at the end of the install you are suppossed to add Please put /usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/bin:/usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/tcl8.4.14/unix:/usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/tk8.4.14/unix into your PATH environment; so that you'll ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NS2 install on Fedora 6

I have installed NS-2.31-allinone on my Fedora 6 system, at the end of the install you are suppossed to add

Please put /usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/bin:/usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/tcl8.4.14/unix:/usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/tk8.4.14/unix
    into your PATH environment; so that you'll be able to run itm/tclsh/wish/xgraph.

IMPORTANT NOTICES:

(1) You MUST put /usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/otcl-1.13, /usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/lib,
    into your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
    If it complains about X libraries, add path to your X libraries
    into LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
    If you are using csh, you can set it like:
    setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH <paths>
    If you are using sh, you can set it like:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<paths>

(2) You MUST put /usr/src/ns-allinone-2.31/tcl8.4.14/library into your TCL_LIBRARY environmental
    variable. Otherwise ns/nam will complain during startup.

After these steps, you can now run the ns validation suite with
    cd ns-2.31; ./validate

I am stuck at this point, I am not sure how to do this step. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated greatly as this is a project I am doing for school.

I am not sure what the correct syntax is for this,if can be done with a command, or if I need to add it to a file. Etc/profile.

For trouble shooting, please first read ns problems page
    The Network Simulator ns-2: Installation Problems and Help. Also search the ns mailing list archive
    for related posts.

Just Joined!
    we are trying to install NS-2.31-allinone on my Fedora 6 system.We are getting an error message as tcl8.3.2 configuration failed.

and this error

checking system version (for dynamic loading)... ./configure: line 5718: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
    ./configure: line 5718: ` OSF*)'
    line number may differ!!!