Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i Am running windows XP pro and trying to setup a dual boot with Fedora Core1, i have installed win Xp on a partition NTFS on C:\ Drive this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 1 With Windows XP Help

Hi, i Am running windows XP pro and trying to setup a dual boot with Fedora Core1, i have installed win Xp on a partition NTFS on C:\ Drive this hdd is a 10 gig hdd i use for os's i have created a 2 gig partition for XP and left the remaining 8 gig free (raw) , XP works fine.. i boot of Fedora core cd 1 and see the Boot Loader Screen push enter to choose the install in graphical mode option and then Text flashes past as the installer does its thing, then it stops on

apm: BIOS version 1.1 Flags 0X03 (Driver Version 1.16)

i have left my pc there for like 2 hours nothing happens it just stops? any suggestions?

i have another HDD which i dont want to touch if i dont have to which contains a heap of MP3's and Data. which is a 40 gig.

Running a p3 550 512 mb ram ...

hope this is not a stupid question could really use some help have been scrathing my head for the last 3 days, reinstalled XP 6 times now lol... the same thing happened when i used the XP cd to remove all partitions.. and just had C drive as a RAW Drive, i didnt create any partitions and used the fedora core boot loader.. same thing happened..

Thanks

Just Joined!
    please anybody?

Just Joined!
    its been a long time since i duel booted but i dont think its to do with that
    ,have you tryed verbose mode it might give you some more info on the problem. other than that all i can think of is to update youre bios or try a newer distro.
    g

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Just remember that google is your friend.

It looks like there is a problem with your bios and fedora. By doing a search of google with the error message that you posted I found this
    http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg03948.html
    Check the follow up on the bottom.

It's not very explanatory, but maybe some more searches will turn up something.