Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi I am a new user to redhat linux...i have installed rhel 5 without anyproblem..but do not the complete procedure of installation of webcam on rhel 5...i am using intex ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wink installation of webcam on rhel 5

hi

I am a new user to redhat linux...i have installed rhel 5 without anyproblem..but do not the complete procedure of installation of webcam on rhel 5...i am using intex IT 305 WC night vision webcam which is connected to usb port...

In the terminal, i had given lsusb command and found the following:

bus 004 device 002: ID 0ac8:303b z-star microelectronics corp zc 0303 webcam

Kindly let me know the further procedure for downloading the driver and command lines to install the web cam....thanks

Just Joined!

installation of webcam on rhel 5 Reload this Page Reply to Thread

You can try downloading the drivers from the below link Linux UVC driver & tools

and compile them for your kernel, and then you can test if it's working by downloading some video capture utilities from Video Capture | Linux App Finder

Regards,

Vikram

Just Joined!

webcam installation help

Sir,

I have downloaded the driver for webcam but i do not know how to compile the driver for my kernel...pse give me the help about ...how to compile for my kernel....

Just Joined!

Smile installation of webcam on rhel 5

Extract the drivers that you have downloaded & from the shell CD to that directory and run these commands

Step 1) ./configure ( this command will take some time to complete)
    Step 2) make
    Step 3) make install

once the 3rd step is completed , your drivers are installed.

Regards,

Vikram