Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've downloaded Fedora 8 i686 LiveCD iso and even verified it using the sha1sum file that came with it, with HashCalc. I'm familiar with burning iso images; I've successfully burned ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Help:Can't burn Fedora 8 LiveCD iso image onto CD

I've downloaded Fedora 8 i686 LiveCD iso and even verified it using the sha1sum file that came with it, with HashCalc. I'm familiar with burning iso images; I've successfully burned ubuntu gutsy gibbon and installed it in my brothers' pc at home.

Now I want to dual-boot fedora with XP in my laptop, but after trying to burn the image using UltraISO, MagicISO, and Nero (I know you have to burn it as an image and not as a file), when I re-insert the CD after burning it is still completely blank. All the tools above report no problem after burned-data verification, and the burning time is just like the usual. I downloaded the file from a different mirror, got exactly the same files (the ISO and the sha1sum), verified the image, and retried burning, but the same thing happened with all three burners. Well, it's a good thing the CD comes out blank rather than corrupted and unwritable, or else I would've given up after 2 tries for the waste.

I searched the net for a similar case but found none, which makes me doubt the problem is in the downloaded ISO file. After failing to burn the image, I tried burning DVD videos and data CD's to find out if it was a problem with my burner, but all these worked out well.

Please help me if you have any idea about this. Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!

Hi

try installing clone cd (with virtual cd drive). then mount the iso image to the virtual cd drive (right click on virtual cd driver -mount-show the path of the downloaded iso image). you can see the contents of the file, using the any burner copy cd (disk to disk)

Just Joined!

I'm having the same problem

I tried 3 times with ISO Recorder, and once with Nero.