Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Red-Hat Linux v. 7.1 and when I go to finish installing it the installation process gets stuck at loading the package "man-page" which is the manual for Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

'man-page 48' package will not load

I have Red-Hat Linux v. 7.1 and when I go to finish installing it the installation process gets stuck at loading the package "man-page" which is the manual for Linux Documentation. To me it sounds like a 4.8 mb of manual so is there anyway that i can fix/get around this problem so that everything else installs smoothly? It just gets stuck on that package and than i can't go any further.

-Patrick

When you are selecting the packages to install, just do an advanced or explicit and uncheck that file, but you should consider using a more recent distro, 7.1 is something like 5 versions old... Also, while that is a small file, it is invaluable, especaily if you are new to linux or the CLI
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    How do i get to that menu, i don't recall seeing it.

when you started the intall is the only time i could think you might have seen it, there was some point were you selected packages to be installed no? if not, seriously consider using at least rh9 ot fc1/2 unless you have a very specific reason to be using 7.1. Or if you really want a wicked fast sytem, think about gentoo.

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Correction: i'm running 7.3 and also i found the package menu but the specific package i'm getting hung up on is not on the list, funny in't it? The package is "man-page 1-4.8-2" or something close to it.

-P

its part of the documentation, if you feel comfortable getting the internet running on your box, then you can not install any docs, then download and install them later.

Formerly Known as qub333