Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have got the service up and running, but when I add users I can't see them on the configuration. I know they work because I can log into the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CentOS 5.1 Samba

I have got the service up and running, but when I add users I can't see them on the configuration. I know they work because I can log into the server and access the files. I also am having trouble with write permission to the shares. I have downloaded the updates, but no relief. any help would be great, and if not dose anyone have experience with NFS services and will that work with user authentication on a windows network?

By default CentOS 5.1's Samba stores the password using tdbsam.
    They are stored in /etc/samba/passdb.tdb. No human readable, tho.

If you have write problems.. make sure that your shares are marked with "samba_share_t" security context (only if SELinux is enabled).

Otherwise, you'll do have problems.

If you are mounting system made folders I suggest you to check /var/log/messages and check if SELinux is also responsible for the writing problems.

Just Joined!

Smile Thanks

We got the write permission to work, but we still can not manage samba users to restrict access to shares. If anyone has any info please don't hesitate!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close