Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, Am newbie to linux , i just want to know which is better for me to go for Redhat linux or for Fedora linux , pros and cons ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedor or Redhat ???

Hi All,

Am newbie to linux , i just want to know which is better for me to go for Redhat linux or for Fedora linux , pros and cons for both of them , which one has bright future ???

by the way ( i dont like to go for other linux distrbo like susee , mandrive,..... ) but if any one feel that there is distrbo better then Redhat and fedora , he can give me the advice ..

at the last All advices are appreciated .( but try to compare between Redhat and Fedora )
    Last edited by anitha2324; 01-19-2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: some addition

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Did you mean Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)? I ask this because Red Hat Linux is no longer being developed by Red Hat. They now develop Red Hat Linux and sponsor the Fedora Project. If you were talking about RHEL, then its more stable than Fedora, but to get any updates and support, you will have to pay a subscription fee to Red Hat. Fedora releases also have a shorter life span when compared to RHEL, but have more cutting edge software. If you are interested in RHEL, you can use CentOS which is a free RHEL rebuild.

Just Joined!
    Hi daark.child,

Thanks for your reply , yes i mean RHEL, i want a free one ,
    so which is better go for Centos or for Fedora

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anitha2324 View Post
    ...so which is better go for Centos or for Fedora
    It really depends on what you want to do. For important servers, I tend to go for CentOS because of the stability. For desktop use I use Fedora (although openSUSE is my main distro).