Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, i am wondering if anyone knows where or how to get drivers for an ASUS Crosshair motherboard. I have the cd that came with the board, but i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Fedora - drivers

Hey, i am wondering if anyone knows where or how to get drivers for an ASUS Crosshair motherboard. I have the cd that came with the board, but i am guessing it will not work for linux Fedora. I want to be able to access the internet. I am able to see the graphical user interface but have trouble getting online. I also have D-link wireless card i use also in the board. I am not sure if D-Link makes linux wireless drivers. Either way i want to get on wireless or ethernet. Do i use a floppy disk to load the drivers ? or download them and burn them to a cd or dvd? I am new to linux and hope to get better at it. So far i do not like Vista and i am looking around for a new operating system to run. I would appreciate any help i could get on getting drivers for what i have talked about above.

Thanks !

Hi and Welcome !

You dont need any driver for installation or GUI.
    Are you planning dual booting? How much free disk space do you have?
    Boot up from Installation DVD/CD and start installation. Does it throw any error message? Post exact error message here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Fedora 2 Driverr help

I am booting from a CD. Its a cd that came with my text book from school. There are 4 cds. The CD came with Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification. So i am not sure if these are the greatest linux cds. I am able to boot everything fine and able to have a GUI. I have a desktop and icons and everything looks great. I am installing it on a 500 gig maxtor harddrive. I have not noticed any errors when installing it. I just get errors when i connect to the internet. Can't find google.com when i type that into the web browswer. Is fedora supose to find the drivers for you? I do not know if this has to do with anything but i am using a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600 processsor and i have 8 gigs of memory?

Just Joined!

Fedora Drivers

I am just planning on booting from that hard drive with nothing else on it.

Just Joined!
    What is the output of

/sbin/ifconfig

and

/sbin/lspci

??

Just Joined!
    Sorry, i have not responded in a while. I have had computer problems.

Just Joined!
    HEY is ur ethernet card detected by linux? cause even i have same problem, i have crosshair motherboard and red hat enterprise 4 running on it. i will try to get sollution for it. if u get first, let me know.