Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dial up connection problem to activate device!!!

Hi all,i have a great PC with a great Broadband connection with XP on it.
    I am happy with it.

But i got a Laptop with XP which got ruined pretty easily ,so i just downloaded FEDORA 8 DVD ISO,burned it with alchohol 120 and just installed on my laptop.
    It is a great system i must admit,but for me the first time it was difficult to know my way around it ,but finally i arrived at Network Connections with FOUR TABS ,DEVICES ,Harddisk,DNS,HOST i guess that were the names.
    Now by default when i want to create a connection i see Broadcom ethernet card already configured, but with my laptop i only can make a dial up connection and i live in Albania.
    I followed the steps for the dial up , just like the system indicates ,but first it shows no modem detected ,then shows GENERIC MODEM already configured OK.
    When i try to activate this device ,it says to me this error.
    Error activating device ,two or more mutually options already selected.Yeah kind of it.
    I deleted the others devices which showed up automatically in the system like the ethernet card ,but when i restard my Laptop ,it is again there.

I really need help ,before i install XP ,cause i don't want to install it ,but if i cannot have a network connection ,then i guess i will.
    Many thanks in advance.

Since i am a newbie i would like a detailed help like with one with steps . For example Step1 , Step 2 until the end.
    Last edited by Fedora8Newbie; 01-27-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Forgot last phrase.