Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I tried to use Fedora 8 but it didn't work with me, I downloaded the ISO image file then tried to boot from it but it didn't work with the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I tried to use Fedora 8 but it didn't work with me, I downloaded the ISO image file then tried to boot from it but it didn't work with the program which I use VMware 5.5.1 it didn't boot

Just Joined!
    I tried Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso and its size 2 GB, but unfortunately it didn't work

Just Joined!
    Fedora 8 give me when I tried to install it:

Code:
    ISOLINUX 3.36 2007-02-01 Copyright (C) 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin

Quote Originally Posted by ehab_8 View Post
    Hi All,

while I'm installing Bind 9.4.2 from (tmp/bind9) the following message is produced:

"ar program not found. please fix your path to include the directory in which ar resides, or set AR in the environment with the full path to ar."

I am new to linux world so any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    This is produced after running
    "./configure --prefix=/usr".
    AR seems to be part of the XOrg package.

You can find the RPM on this site: RPM Search
    Use the advanced search, select your distro and type: AR
    This will yield an output with rpm links.

When compiling bind from scratch, be sure you have the GCC compiler or even better, enable the development package from the Add/Remove applications.
    This will ensure that all basic development libraries, etc, etc are installed on your system.

Question: Why building from source code ? The basic rpm with the pre-compiled BIND works straight out of the box.
    When you compile it yourself, remember to also create start/stop script in the /etc/rc.d
    And enable it to start at boottime using chkconfig..
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!

Question primary & secondary DNS server configurations

first of all I would like greatly to thank all of you very much for helping me,

Now I installed Fedora 7, then I installed BIND9 in it using these commands:

* ./configure --prefix=/usr \
    * --sysconfdir=/etc \
    * --enable-threads \
    * --localstatedir=/var/state \
    * --with-libtool \
    * --with-openssl=/usr/ssl
    *make
    *make install
    *ldconfig -v

now I want to make two DNS servers one primary and the other secondary, and I it when i make any change in the primary DNS server to change automatically in the secondary.

so what I should do ?

thank you in advance...

Just Joined!
    Originally Posted by: Opnosforatou
    Question: Why building from source code ? The basic rpm with the pre-compiled BIND works straight out of the box.
    When you compile it yourself, remember to also create start/stop script in the /etc/rc.d
    And enable it to start at boottime using chkconfig..
    I want to build it from the source code because its a task and this is condition of its conditions. I want to learn linux....

and also could i ask you please how could i make start/stop script

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2