Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Here is a little bit about our setup. We have a Linux ( Fedora 8 ) web server connected to the outside (internet) world. We have recently installed a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Firewall Help

Hello,
    Here is a little bit about our setup. We have a Linux ( Fedora 8 ) web server connected to the outside (internet) world. We have recently installed a Progress program (Webspeed) that needs to out our Linux box to our Symantec firewall. There is a progress file on the linux box where we enter the ip of the firewall. For some reason the linux box is not communicating to the firewall. Non of the logs on our Symantec firewall show anthing coming from our Linux box. Is the Linux box blocking this? Does it have something to do with iptables? Here are the ports that need to be configured. I'm just not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tcp port 2533
    tcp port 2534
    tcp port range 2701–2751

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I am not sure what could be causing your problem, but to open those ports on Fedora/RedHat system, run system-config-security-level.

Just Joined!
    Hello,
    Can I run that from the command line? I don't believe the gui is enabled.

Tony

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    It should run from the CLI. If it does not, try system-config-securitylevel-tui.