Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Fedora 8 and I'll try to use 3d modeling program (blender) and when I close the program the main screen of blender is stick to my destop screen? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

closing program problem!!

I'm using Fedora 8 and I'll try to use 3d modeling program (blender) and when I close the program the main screen of blender is stick to my destop screen? I think there is a problem in my video card

Execute this
    Code:
    su -
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep driver
    lspci | grep VGA
    Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    This is what I've got

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "single head configuration"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us+inet"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Monitor0"
    ModelName "LCD Panel 1280x800"
    HorizSync 31.5 - 50.0
    VertRefresh 56.0 - 65.0
    Option "dpms"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "intel"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device "Videocard0"
    Monitor "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

lspci what will I do with this I don't know how to execute this? Please can you give me short explanation because I'm also new in linux thank in advance

lspci what will I do with this I don't know how to execute this? Please can you give me short explanation because I'm also new in linux thank in advance
    Try:
    Code:
    /sbin/lspci | grep VGA

Just Joined!
    Sir's how this details can solve my problem? I dont know how to solve my problem do you have any suggestions?

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
    00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
    00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
    01:05.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

Log in as root and open xorg.conf file. Replace Driver "intel" with "i810" in xorg.conf file and install 915resolution package.
    Code:
    yum -y install 915resolution

Just Joined!
    only the effect of this is the resolution but still the blender main screen is stick to my destop when I close the program? I have built in video card but if I view the System Monitor I did not see my Video card see attached file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just Joined!
    My chipset 945GC built in to my board and I try to open the Livna Display Configuration I received error see attached details, I think the problem is in my video card driver because if I install windows OS my driver working very fine and its very easy to install but if I return again to Fedora all the same problem I got. I know linux community can do something about the drivers for video card to work smoothly and easy to understand even we are new in this OS. Thanks and I'm still waiting for your help. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have Intel Card and nVidia driver wont work on it.
    Try "vesa" driver in xorg.conf. It works well with most of cards.
    Code:
    su -
    nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf