Hi there all fellow fedora users!

I have just started using Fedora core2 a couple of weeks ago and starting to learn a lot. I have setup an apache webserver, samba, vsftp mysql and php. Fairly simple to you perhaps and i didn't think it was much of a hassle. Though i have run into a small challange perhaps you can help me with.

I have problems with yum update, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. After looking around in several newsgroups i found out that this could give a solution: http://fedoranews.org/updates/FEDORA-2004-178.shtml. An update for ftp on Fedora. I have installed it using a RPM and upgraded the existing version. Now i don't know if the update worked and i can't reboot my machine, is there a way to what service i should restart to make it effective? I have tried several commands, unfortunatly nothing worked.

My question: Is there a way to find out alle service names(like etc/init.d/) and check wether i have started all, so i cabn reboor this ftp service and perhaps can run yum again without a reboot?

Thx in advance for any response,

Kind regards Robbert