Find the answer to your Linux question:
hii there, i am a new user to RHEL4 , installed it yesterday :d , well its a great OS but a little bit complicated . ok now what i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dual OS , need help

hii there,
    i am a new user to RHEL4 , installed it yesterday :d , well its a great OS but a little bit complicated .
    ok now what i wanna do is making a link between win XP and RHEL4 , both are installed in saperate HDDS , i installed RHEL 4 in a different HDD because i can't risk my data in any way , i wan't to connect both my hard disks and boot win XP from HDD 1 and boot RHEL4 from HDD2 so that i don't have to change my hardisks every time .................

HDD1 in which WIN xp is installed , is a 80 gb HDD , in which all the partitions are in NTFS
    ,HDD2 in which RHEL4 is installed , is a 40 gb HDD , in which i have one 5 gb FAT32 partition and all the other are linux partitions, also RHEL4 is installed in FSBR not in MBR

i guess i need to just connect both the HDDs and edit "boot.ini" from win xp , but how to do it is my question?????
    plz reply , n sorry for ma bad eng

Hi and Welcome !

I would suggest you to use GRUB instead of Windows Boot Loader.
    Plug-in RHEL HD as Primary Master and Windows HD as Secondary. Boot up RHEL and add this code in /boot/grub/grub.conf file.
    Code:
    title Windows XP
         rootnoverify (hd1,0)
         map (hd0) (hd1)
         map (hd1) (hd0)
         chainloader +1
    Save file and reboot machine. In case, Windows OS doesn't boot up, post the output of fdisk -l command here.

If you want to use Windows Boot Loader only then follow instructions from here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    thx allot dude !
    but let me try it 1st
    then i will reply here.......

Just Joined!
    thx dude ,
    it really did da trick ..
    u have solved a huge problem for me
    live long.........

Glad to help you unleashed01 !
    Do start a new thread if you have any other question.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First