Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hell everyone, The other day, a friend wanted a copy of my music. I took my external HDD to her house, and connected it to a linux machine. We couldnt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Heeeellllppp!

Hell everyone,

The other day, a friend wanted a copy of my music. I took my external HDD to her house, and connected it to a linux machine. We couldnt get it to do what we wanted, so we connected it to a windows machine. Now, my music files I was able to access again, but my old pictures and videos that were in another file are gone.

Now, some pictures are still in the folder. But most of them are gone. This only happend when I took my external HDD, which was has always been accessed with windows, and connected it to a linux machine. Then, when I tried to go back to a connecting it to a windows machine, they are gone.

Also, I dont know if its related, but now when I look at the drive on my windows machine, there are a TON of new folders, with random names. they names all have squares in them though. When I try to open these folders, I get some error, and they wont open.

Any ideas here?

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can try PhotoRec for recovering files. I've never used it, but have heard lots of success stories from others. Note that it will recover files other than photos.

Good luck with your recovery efforts.
    oz