Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Fedora 1, and when linux boots, I get the following message /etc/fstab could not stat /dev/cdrom1 does not exist. I has just fininshed adding the following line ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

2 second CD won't mount

I am running Fedora 1, and when linux boots, I get the following message

/etc/fstab could not stat /dev/cdrom1 does not exist.

I has just fininshed adding the following line to my fstab to mount a USB pen drive when this happened

/dev/sda /mnt/usb auto auto,umask=000 0 0

I looked into /dev/cdrom1 and indeed it does not exist. However, /dev/cdrom does and it is a link to dev/hdb. Would creating a link called dev/cdrom1 pointing to /dev/hdd (as it is a slave on the second IDE cable) help? If so, how do I do it?

Mahalo in Advance.

Just Joined!
    I'm not totally sure if this is the answer you are looking for but it looks like mount a device as a different device.
    Code:
    /dev/cdrom   /dev/hdb
    Try:
    Code:
    /dev/cdrom   /mnt/cdrom
    Also, does /dev/cdrom1 show up in your fstab.conf? If it does, comment it out, don't delete it you never delete lines out of a *.conf file.
    I'm not sure if this will help, you were vague on the important details, post your fstab.conf.
    My cdrom mount in fstab looks like this:
    Code:
    /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
    Yours should look about the same, if not then that might be your problem. If not, post more details.

Just Joined!
    My second CDROM was working fine previously to installing the usb drive, and it has a line in the /etc/fstab very similar to the one you posted to load it on boot. The line is still there and that is why I'm getting the 'does not exist' error, its trying to mount a device that 'does not exist'.

I have also tried removing the usb drive from /etc/fstab, but that did not resolve the problem. Seeing as how that was the last action before the whole thing went ka-put.

Fedora does stuff like this, it will overwrite and change your config files...its a pain, that would be 50% of why i departed from newbie intensive distros.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    try mounting /dev/cdwriter instead of dev/cdrom1