Find the answer to your Linux question:
In windows there is an option for system restore. i.e. we can restore the entire operating system to an earlier stage completely. So I would like to know is there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

system restoration

In windows there is an option for system restore. i.e. we can restore the entire operating system to an earlier stage completely. So I would like to know is there any option for in fedora 8 to restore that system to an earlier stage(one or two days back).

If it is possible in fedora too please explain me the way for system restore in details.

Just Joined!

suggestion plzzzzzz

Plz anyone give me any suggestion on system restore...

Just Joined!

oz
    forum.guy
    I don't think there is anything built in, but take a look here for some options that you can install and then be able to easily restore your system:

Backup & Recovery | Linux App Finder
    oz

Just Joined!
    ozar, would you plzzz suggest me what to do next after clicking the given link..

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by red_hat View Post
    ozar, would you plzzz suggest me what to do next after clicking the given link..
    Look through and read about the various options available, decide on the one that you might want to try, then see if there is a package for it in the Fedora repositories, and if so install it with yum, and then start to use it. I started very early in my experiences with Linux to make a backup of my system once it was installed and tweaked the way I wanted it. Doing this has saved me countless hours because of my sometimes faulty experimentation with Linux.
    oz

Linux Guru
    If you were not already doing some sort of backups, then No, there is no magic "roll back" option available to you.

Ozar is pointing out steps you can do to help yourself in the future. Linux does not burn XX percentage of your disk space keeping various versions of your files to enable a "roll back."