Find the answer to your Linux question:
Right now i'm downliading the DVD.ICO file... (yay for the advent fo the DVD burner ) i'm a bit concerned about how simple it will be to install the OS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Going from windows to fedora core 2

Right now i'm downliading the DVD.ICO file... (yay for the advent fo the DVD burner )

i'm a bit concerned about how simple it will be to install the OS after i burn it.

Anything i should know about before my downlaod compleats (thats about 4 hours, so you can take your time, i'm in no major rush)

Linux Newbie
    Make sure you partition your drive if you want to keep your existing windows install (or any windows install, for that matter) If all you want on your machine is Linux, don't worry about pre-partitioning. Other than that, have fun w/ FC2!
    N3WO

There are 10 types of people; those who count in binary and those who don\'t...

Just Joined!
    I thought about keeoing it a split drive (160gb is a large drive) but the problem is i cant use windows.....

If i decide to switch to redhat (if for some reason i want to) willl it use the same format, or is there a differnt format (i would assume theya re the same, since in essance they are the same thing but you never know)

--------
    So i finish downloading the Fedora 2 core DVD iso.... and guess what... BAM it didnt work (whopie)
    i've decided to do multiple CD's